Saturday, November 14, 2009

Trust me

I do not live as simple of a life as I should. I think I might be happier if I did. I simplify where I am able. However there no end to the queries as to “how” (and more often “why”) I do what we do. My answers very from a shrug, to a dismissive answer (i.e.: we are who we are.) I remember lots of little things, (birthdays, how she drinks her coffee, her likes/ dislikes… etc) yet have trouble with names. I’ll remember something someone said five or ten years ago, but leave my phone, or Zune at home.

The downside to a good memory is just that a good memory, I can’t really drive anywhere with out summoning ghost of people I knew (or worse, use to be.) Furthermore its harder to let things go that people do/ say. That being said for what ever reason forgiveness comes almost reactional (it’s not a word, yet but should be) to me. However it has come to my attention as of recent that people don’t see how strained the relationship is after. It’s not to unlike using a band-aid on amputated limb, the thought is there, but barely, perhaps something a little stronger is needed.

As far as trust, I was not able to find anything on the world wide web that said it better than Pastor Brady:

Forgiveness is given freely, but trust has to be earned. We are not required to trust everyone we have forgiven.

Trust is earned by doing the right thing for a really long time. If you ever violate someone's trust, it takes even longer to regain it.

If you want to earn trust - Say what you mean and mean what you say - Do the right thing for the right reason even at your own hurt.

Who you can follow on his twitter site:
http://twitter.com/pastorbrady

I don’t believe there to be any such thing as a selfish act these days. As well as the fact that those closest to us will be the ones to let us down, and hurt us most. Yet it is something that I’ve never come to terms with. This is reinforced by the fact that those that say they understand me are the most perplexed when I say that I’ve had enough.

I find it obnoxious that cheaters, players, and liars complain about the trust issues they have with their significant others… It’s like saying “I can’t trust you because I can’t be trusted…” without saying it at all. Nor is it logical to base your actions on another’s, that just saying that I have no control over my life, or self.




I think I’ll get back to yall on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment